Injection Molding refers to the method that mold is gotten by cooling and solidifying the heated and melted material injected into the cavity via high pressure. The method is suitable for the mass production of parts with complex shapes and is one of the important processing methods. The injection molding process can be broadly divided into the following six stages of “combining mold – injection – packing – cooling – opening mold – product removal “, and once the above process is repeated, products can be continuously produced.
The injection molding process can also be divided into the injection molding method and the die-casting method. The injection molding machine (referred to as injection machine or injection molding machine) is the main molding equipment making thermoplastic or thermosetting material into plastics of various shapes by using plastics molding mold, while injection molding is realized through injection machine and mold.
Types of injection molding machines are: vertical, horizontal and fully electrical, but whichever type injection molding machine is, it affords two basic functions:
(1) to heat up the plastic until it reaches the molten state;
(2) to bring the molten plastic to bear the pressure to make it shoot and fill fully the mold cavity.
1. The injection device and mold clamping device are in the same vertical centerline with the mold opening and closing along the upper and lower direction. It covers an area of only about half of the horizontal machine.
2. Easy to realize insert molding. As mold surface faces up, it’s easy to position the putting of insert. It can easily implement automatic insert molding by using the machine with a fixed lower molding board and movable upper molding board and combining drawstring conveyor and manipulator.
3. The weight of mold is supported by level moldboard for opening and closing movements up and down, not inclined to arise such phenomenon as horizontal machine falling down forwards caused by gravity, making moldboard not be able to open and close. Conducive to persistently maintain the accuracy of machinery and mold.
4. Conducive to precision molding and each plastic cavity can be removed through a simple manipulator.
5. Generally, it’s open around the mold clamping device, thus it’s easy to configure various types of automated devices and adaptable to the automatic molding of complex and sophisticated products.
6. It is easy for drawstring conveying devices to achieve installation by stringing the middle of the mold and automatic production.
7. It is easy to ensure the consistency of the flow of resin within the mold and temperature distribution of the mold.
8. It’s equipped with forms of the rotary table, movable table, and declining table and easy to realize insert molding, combination molding within the mold.
9. In the case of small batch trial production, the mold structure is simple with low cost and easy to uninstall.
10. It has withstood the test of several earthquakes; due to the low center of gravity, the vertical machine affords better shock resistance compared to the horizontal one.
1. With a low body, it has no height restrictions for the placement plant.
2. On the occasion that the product can automatically fall, automatical molding can also be achieved without the use of a manipulator.
3. With a low body, it’s easy for feeding and maintenance.
4. the mold needs to be installed by crane.
5. In case that several machines are parallel arranged, the molding products are easily collected and packaged from the conveyor belt.
The fully electric injection molding machine has been recognized with the advantages of low power consumption and high precision. The fully electric injection molding machine can save 50% -70% of energy and also has a similar effect as for the application of cooling water. In addition, as a fully electric injection molding machine adopts a short-trip independently driven rod, it affords high precision. The high-precision reciprocating motion of an entirely electric injection molding machine can not be ignored, because quality requirements for the injection machine parts have been significantly improved.
Another advantage of the fully electric injection molding machine is to reduce noise, which not only benefits the workers but also reduces the cost of investment and construction for sound insulation production workshop.
List of some injection molding expertise for different plastic resins: